Birth control pills also called as oral contraceptive pills or the “Pill” is commonly used medication to avoid pregnancy. It is a combination medication which contains estrogen and progesterone as the active constituent. Birth control pills are easy to use, and it is safe, very effective medication to prevent pregnancy. The pills are small solid tablets that can be administered orally.
Birth control pills are similar chemical present in the body known as estrogen and progesterone normally formed by the ovaries. The hormone present in the pills inhibits the pregnancy by controlling pituitary gland, which stops the development and release of the egg in the ovary for ovulation. The progestin also shows action to avoid the sperm from reaching the egg in to uterus by changing the lining of the uterus. Another type of pill has only one hormone (progestin) and is called “progestin-only pill,” or the “mini-Pill.” It produces action by ovulating and by helping to prevent the male’s sperm from reaching the egg.
Following are the brand name of birth control pills:
Mircette, Plan B, Dronis Ovral G, Yasmin, Yaz, Femilon, Unwanted 72, Ovral L, Dianette, Norethindrone, and Norethisterone.
You can buy birth control pills online from our web portal to prevent pregnancy.
Dosage regimen of birth control pills:
- Birth control pills are marketed in 21 pills pack form and it is also available in 28 pills pack. You have to take this medication orally along with water. If you have to take 21 pills pack you have to administer one tablet each day regularly from the 1st day of your menstrual period. When you completed this pack you should wait for 7 days and on 8th day you can start fresh pack again.
- If you want to use 28 pills pack take 21 hormonal pills, for 21 successive days and then you have to take non-hormonal pills for seven days to complete the dose. After completing you can start fresh dose.
- If you miss taking one pill you have to administer two pills as a single dose on your dosing schedule. If you missed the two dosages, take two pills as a single dose in your next two consecutive dosing schedules. If you have missed 3 dosing schedule or more then you should discard the regular dosing schedule and again start fresh pack.
Side effects of Birth control pills:
In some patients few side effects likely to occur such as stomach upset, dizziness, mood swings, spotting, alteration in menstrual periods, or breast tenderness. If it becomes severe you should consult the doctor.
While using birth control pill you have to follow few precautions:
- You are not allowed to use birth control pills if you are allergic to any ingredient present in the drug.
- Stop intake of alcohol and avoid smoking while using birth control pills.
- If you are more than 35 years of age, you are not suggested to use this medication.
- This medication should not be used if you are a patient of breast cancer, blood clots, liver, uterine cancer.
Buy Birth Control Pills Online from our authentic website and get it delivered at your home.